19 Data Points To Kick Off 2019 Markets
To ring in the new year, Milton compiled a list of 19 data points to help you conquer 2019 financial markets armed with data.
- 2019 market unicorns with IPOs likely over $1 billion.
- Emerging markets debt maturing in 2019.
- US retailers shutter 100 million square feet of space during 2018.
- Oil declined 40% from multi-year highs.
- NAFTA re-drawn as "USMCA" updating 25 year old trade agreement.
- Equity markets had difficult 2018 with international markets underperforming.
- Recent AAII survey suggest retail investors souring on equity markets.
- Longest ever bull market for US equity markets ended during 2018.
- Luxury assets like cars, wine, art outperformed stocks & bonds during 2018.
- Yield on US Treasury as high as 3.2% during 2018 before yield curve inversion.
- Yield on US government securities still higher than other sovereign bonds.
- Bond market has changed expectations for Fed hikes during 2019.
- Recent Chinese economic data suggests significant slowing during Q4 2018.
- Eurozone slowing with Italy on verge of recession into 2019.
- Strong US consumer confidence persists into 2019.
- Strong US consumer confidence translating to strong retail spending.
- US housing market signals continue to be mixed into 2019.
- US GOP-led tax cuts led to $100 billion per year tax cut for next 10 years.
- 2019 S&P 500 earnings sit at $170.
Remember to build your Milton Smart Watchlist here. It's totally free and takes less than one minute. Please reach out to email@example.com with any feedback, questions, or for information about becoming a beta tester.
Apteo, the company behind Milton, is made up of curious data scientists, engineers, and financial analysts based in the Flatiron neighborhood in New York City. We have a passion for technology and investing, and we strongly believe that investing is one of the most reliable and effective ways to build long-term wealth. We build AI tools to help informed investors make better decisions.
Apteo, Inc. is not an investment advisor and makes no representation or recommendation regarding investment in any fund or investment vehicle.
Subscribe to Milton's Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox